East Bay Spine and Sports
Combining clinical excellence with excellent customer service, East Bay Spine and Sports provides a most comprehensive yet humanistic approach to pain and wellness medicine. This integration of services and disciplines with some of the Bay Area's leading providers has created one of the most highly respected and sought after pain management centers on the West Coast.
Areas treatedCervical Spine, Elbow, Foot & Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Hip, Knee, Lumbar Spine, Shoulder, Thoracic Spine
Schedule a Consultation at East Bay Spine and Sports
5720 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Dr. Ernest Cheng is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Pain Medicine. Dr. Cheng specializes in the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of painful musculoskeletal and spinal disorders. He holds additional expertise in Interventional Pain Management, Sports Medicine and Electrodiagnosis (EMG/NCV), and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Sports Performance Coach. He is an active member of the International Spine Intervention Society, American College of Sports Medicine and National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Completed undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois.
- Completed medical schedule at Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ.
- Completed residency training in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Rush University Medical Center in Illinois, where he served as Chief Resident.
- Completed fellowship training in Interventional Pain Management at Rehabilitative Consultations in Emeryville, CA.
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME)
- Diplomate, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- Subspecialty Board Certification in Sports Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine (ABPM)
Dr. Cheng moved to the Bay Area to be closer to family and enjoy the things that California offers. He lives in the East Bay with his family. A regular basketball player and weight trainer, he has also played adult league baseball. Dr. Cheng trains regularly in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and provide medical coverage for combat sports competitions.
A sports fan, he follows Chicago sports teams (Bulls , Bears and Cubs), but has adopted the 49ers and Giants. Dr. Cheng is an active in the Chinese American Physicians’ Association.
Consider Regenerative Treatment at East Bay Spine and Sports and Avoid the Painful Recovery and Downtime Following Surgery
Regenexx® regenerative orthopedic treatments are helping individuals avoid surgery and get back to their daily active lifestyles. These non-surgical treatments are designed to assist the body's natural healing mechanisms by activating and increasing the local cells that are responsible for repairing damaged tissue.