Orthopedic Telemedicine: Talk to a Physician Online
Regenexx is foremost committed to the health and safety of our patients. Which is why we have launched a telemedicine program that delivers the same high quality of an in person visit while following The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) social distancing guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to Coronavirus.
- What to Expect of Your Virtual Doctor Visit?
- Is it Covered by Insurance?
- What Do I Need?
- How Do I Schedule A Telemedicine Appointment?
Effective Online Virtual Orthopedic Care
Our orthopedic doctors and pain physicians are available to provide exceptional medical care through virtual online visits. Our program gives patients face to face, real-time access to a physician who can help them with a variety of orthopedic muscle and joint-related conditions, including:
- New or chronic orthopedic muscle and joint pain either from injury or overuse (see our conditions treated page here)
- In cases where an orthopedic surgery was canceled, and the issue persists
- First-time appointments for those with orthopedic needs
- Follow-up appointments to continue treatment plans
- People looking for alternatives to surgery or for a less invasive solution
Our goal for new patients is to help diagnose their issue(s) and candidacy for a Regenexx procedure, and for existing patients, to keep their diagnosis and treatment moving forward through remote patient monitoring.
What to Expect of Your Virtual Doctor Visit?
Virtual online visits are very similar to a typical office visit. However, the physical office is replaced with telecommunication technology in the form of a video call. It’s a simple 3-step process:
- Your online doctor appointment is scheduled either with a Regenexx Regenerative Medicine Consultant or directly with your Regenexx physician’s office. You’ll then receive confirmation of your appointment with a link to your virtual doctor’s office. Make sure you mark your calendar!
- You’ll be directed to complete a self-exam and patient history form which you’ll submit through a secure web portal. Your doctor will review the information with you in greater detail during your appointment.
- In the day and time of your appointment, you’ll be greeted by either a medical assistant or staff member and then meet with your doctor. Since screens are two-way you can share and discuss diagnosis, imaging, medication, treatment options, and more.
Is it Covered by Insurance?
Insurance now covers these types of virtual doctor exams during the crisis. Once you are connected with your Regenexx physician’s office you can discuss your specific insurance coverage.
What Do I Need?
There is no special equipment required; you just need:
- A home computer, tablet, or smart phone
- An internet connection
- Patient medical history and exam paperwork submitted via a Regenexx Telehealth website
How Do I Schedule a Telemedicine Appointment?
It’s easy! Simply call your Regenerative Medicine Consultant at 855-330-5818 or fill out an appointment request below.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you continue your journey to better health.