The Signing Ceremony for a New Regenexx China Site
Last night, our CEO and I participated in a signing ceremony for the new Regenexx culture expansion site on Hainan Island in China. While this will take some months to fully open, here’s a copy of my ceremonial speech on the topic. Our partner there is Enhance Biomedical:
- First, I want to congratulate Enhance for this great accomplishment.
- I understand the hard work on their part that went into creating this new site in Hainan.
- Regenexx is the future of orthopedic care, which is focused on minimally invasive regeneration that replaces the need for invasive surgeries.
- So think about that for a second.
- An athlete or weekend warrior ruptures an ACL ligament in their knee and rather than having surgery, they get a precise injection of their own stem cells to regenerate that damaged ligament. They return to play at a fraction of the time compared to surgery.
- This is a truly disruptive technology created in the United States.
- These image-guided procedures are unique and help patients stay active while they recover.
- The heart of that technology is based on autologous mesenchymal stem cells.
- Enhance will have only the second Regenexx culture expansion site in the world.
- We have a decade and a half worth of experience treating weekend warriors and professional athletes with Regenexx procedures.
- We have published dozens of research articles on our technology in the peer-reviewed literature and have been issued dozens of international patents.
- We have also tracked tens of thousands of stem cell treated patients through our registry, so we bring all of that experience on patient candidacy to China.
- In addition, many of America’s top companies including fortune 500 firms have chosen to extend insurance coverage for Regenexx because of its track record and publications.
- In conclusion, we are proud to partner with Enhance to bring US Technology to Hainan.
This is more information on our partner and the 300-bed hospital they are completing in Hainan, China:
Hainan is located in the most southern tip of China. It has a warm climate year-round and is often described as China’s Hawaii. It’s a popular vacation destination that’s convenient for many in Asia and has become a place to access some of the best international medical services while on vacation with the family.
Hainan island even has a surfing scene:
In addition, Hainan is also a 30-day visa-free zone from many countries including: The United States, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Mexico, Russia, Brazil, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Monaco, Belarus. Argentina, and Chile.Request a Regenexx Appointment
What Does Hainan Island Have to Do with Medical Tourism?
HAINAN, BOAO was designated in 2015 by the Chinese government to be a Lecheng International Medical Tourism Zone. It is the only district in China where it’s legal to perform stem cell therapy and to prescribe foreign medicines including drugs that are manufactured in the US.
The Hainan Enhance Biomedical Facility
This is an artist’s rendering of the 300-bed hospital Enhance Biomedical is completing with A-level laminar flow operating rooms, a cGMP lab, an AABB certified blood bank and having a certification from the Joint Commission International branch (JCI). The target opening date is Jan 1st, 2021.
The upshot? We’re proud to partner with Enhance Biomedical to open this new facility in China’s Hawaii and look forward to training the physicians who will staff this new Regenexx International site!